How to obtain SOA certification
Summary of the main requirements
These are the requirements set out in articles 38, c. 1, and 39, c. 1 and 2, of Legislative Decree 50/2016 (Public Contracts Code).
Summary of general requirements
- Registration in the Register of Companies and absence of insolvency procedures (bankruptcy, arrangement with creditors, etc.).
- Compliance and absence of serious violations in the performance of business activities (absence of serious errors in the execution of public works, fiscal irregularities, false declarations, serious safety infractions, absence of disqualification sanctions, etc.).
- Not having produced false statements with intent or gross negligence.
- Compliance for the purposes of the law governing the right to work of the disabled.
- Regularity of the DURC (Documento Unico di Regolarità Contributiva) [single insurance contribution payment certificate].
- Absence of convictions and impediments.
Summary of Special Order requirements
Economic capacity, equipment and personnel
- Suitable bank references.
- Turnover from jobs equal to 100% of the amounts of the requested classifications in the various categories.
- Net equity with a positive value referring to the last financial statements deposited - only for parties responsible for financial statements.
- Suitable technical equipment equivalent to not less than 2% of the turnover from jobs (equipment owned, leased or rented).
- The amount of the hired equipment cannot exceed 60% of the total value.
- Appropriate average annual workforce demonstrated by the total cost incurred for employees not less than 15% of the turnover in works, of which 40% for blue-collar personnel; alternatively, the cost of permanent personnel of no less than 10% of the turnover in works, of which 80% attributed to technical personnel with a degree or diploma.
- In the case of partnerships or sole proprietorships, it is possible to take advantage of the “standard INAIL remuneration”.
Technical capacity and technical director
- Suitable technical direction.
- Execution of works in the individual categories requested at an amount not less than 90% of that of the relevant classification.
- Peak workload: execution of one job or, alternatively, of two jobs or, alternatively, of three jobs in each requested category for an amount equal respectively to 40% (1 job), 55% (2 jobs), 65% (3 jobs) of that of the relevant classification.
- Specific requirements for particular categories (example: OG2, OS2, OS25, OG11 ...)
- To obtain qualification in the classification equal to or higher than level III, the companies must possess certification of the company quality system.